Our goal is to share the unique natural habitats and wildlife of Big Bear Valley with everyone interested in the great outdoors and its inhabitants.To do this, Friends of Big Bear Valley formed a coalition of nonprofits, businesses, government agencies and individuals to focus specifically on ecotourism in our valley. We plan and implement pathways that bring economic benefits to Big Bear Valley through the conservation of education about and promotion of our extraordinarily unique and diverse natural habitats, wildlife and resources.
Big Bear Valley Ecotourism is a project of a group of organizations, agencies, and local citizens which has formed the Big Bear Valley Ecotourism Coalition in order to support, encourage and promote Ecotourism in our Valley.
What is Ecotourism?
Ecotourism promotes travel to natural areas that conserves the environment and improves the well-being of local people. Ecotourism has a positive impact on both natural areas and the local community.
Principles of Ecotourism?
- Minimize impact.
- Build environmental and cultural awareness and respect.
- Provide positive experiences for both visitors and hosts.
- Provide direct financial benefits for conservation.
- Provide financial benefits and empowerment for local people.
- Raise sensitivity to host area’s political, environmental, and social climate.